Monday, June 18, 2012

What are the official rules/unofficial rules/rules for Cosplay?

to tell you the truth there is no such things as the official rules/unofficial rules/rules for Cosplay. Let me give you a situation,


You've watched hours of your favorite anime. You've even subscribed to manga magazines and invested in buying the volumes. You've ordered posters online of your favorite characters. You’ve even act like one (I often do in my room anyway). In addition, now you're ready to attend an anime convention. So, one of the common questions often pop out from your mind was, How do I make sure that my dream costume doesn't turn into a nightmare from hell? Or even, what were the criteria for cosplaying?

If that question asked on me, either I will give them the answer which is based of my experiences of 4 years towards cosplaying, or based on how the majority think on how it should be and remaining it that way.

One of the sacred rules on cosplaying that I learnt/ learnt from someone else’s opinion is. “Cosplay is about dressing up like the character that you admire of/ dream to be/would like to be part of.” Take me for example, I often take things for granted or in other words do thing my ways rather than following an instructions’ on how to do things and understanding them using my own opinions and understanding in which people have shared their opinion with me. I am a Cosplayer and a self proclaimed street cosplayers. Why I say so? Well its simple. To get used of myself with all those weird looks that the people might have on you when you walk pass them. In addition of that, I like to get attention by someone (Attention seeker) and either have them come to me or have a little chat with me or just a simple “Hi” will do. Even there is no Convention I will still on my costume lurking around the nearby city of mine. Why? Well simple does it. Cause I love my character and would like to be on its clothe/ looks. That’s the reason why. It just a simple as that. I mean its Costume Play.

Cosplay is the only way you express your love towards your character that you admired of( If you can draw/ Not doing well in drawing)
People will give you a weird looks on you if it’s the Normal people give you that looks(It’s understandable) however this is happen to/among the cosplayers who in normal clothe and give you the weird looks. In some case they will mock/ make fun of other cosplayers. In my opinion ,as long as You or the cosplayers having fun and not causeing harm to others neither the public or the normal by standers that is fine. Or not getting troubles with the local authorotise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers